Pages

Labels

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

7th Piece

This is the 5th post about the book I talked about in my "What My Blog Is" post

“You knew my mother?” I ask. “Of course I do! I know everything that happens around here. And you haven’t been the most innocent girl today have you?” “Well I guess I haven’t. But only for good reasons!” I say my voice sounding a lot louder in comparison to her silky tone. I make a mental note to whisper when I’m around her. She laughs and says, “I would think that they would be. But I also know that you are looking for your boyfriend, yes?” I can feel the heat rushing to my face and manage to mutter, “Well he’s not exactly my boyfriend. I-I mean he is my friend and a boy so I guess if you look at it that way he’s my friendboy right? And-” She stops me with a wave of a hand, “Don’t worry, I get it. Now do you want to see what happened to him or not?” I nod my head not letting myself speak again and further embarrass myself. “Well then let’s take a little look-see  Hmm?” I stare in amazement as one of the dark seemingly plain walls turns into a huge screen. I find that I’m looking at Eric and myself right before the men came. I touch where the wound should be on my head and pull back surprised as I touch bandages. I hadn't even thought about the injury since I got knocked out at the dungeon. I look up and see the men starting to enter and me going limp in Eric’s arms. He looks at me for a second and then his face turns hard. I know this look; I've seen it when we go into battle together. It’s when we realize what we are fighting for and that the people who did it are going to pay. He sets my body down gently. Then he faces his opponents and goes into a fighting pose. One comes closer and pulls a rope from his suit and for a split second I see Eric’s eyes widen as he realizes that I was right and that they do want us captured, but instantly his eyes are back to normal and his foot connects with the man’s jaw. I look at the old woman and whisper, “I did that a little a while ago.” She looks at me and replies with a half-smile, “Great minds think alike.” I turn to face the screen again just to catch a glimpse of one of the masked men’s fist goes for Eric’s stomach. I instantly stand up to protect him but then remember that I was watching this on the screen and slowly sit down my eyes never leaving Eric’s face. I feel a tear slide down my cheek because when he needed me most I was unconscious and there was nothing I could do but sit and watch as they finish Eric off and carry us out the door. The screen goes black and the woman turns to face me. I feel like a statue and that I wasn't in control of my body. I just stared at the blank screen that was now turning back into a wall. “I know where he is.” She says and stares straight into my eyes. “You-you do?” I stutter, my throat not wanting to cooperate with me right now. She nods and says “He’s in the infirmary. He fought like a dog and got pretty bruised up,” She pauses, “He really wanted to protect you,” I stare into the old woman’s eyes to see if she was joking but her eyes are hard and I know that she is telling me the truth. I wipe the one tear off my face and ask in a finally even tone “Where’s the infirmary?” 

1 comment:

  1. i definitely laughed while reading this :)

    ~Megan L

    ReplyDelete