Pages

Labels

Saturday, September 1, 2012

1st piece

This has no story connected to it. You can leave a comment saying what you think it should be about. I would love to see all the different ideas!

 I scanned the ocean front with its boulders and the crisp white sand. At first I didn't see her, but when I did it felt like I was made of stone. She stood alone on a huge boulder looking down at the waters below; I could tell she wanted to jump. As soon as she glanced my way I could move again and started to scramble up the rocks. My fingernails left scratches on the boulders. In the back of my mind I felt that I was bleeding. I didn't know where or how, but at that moment I didn't care. I kept making my way towards the girl screaming at her to stop, but I was too late. She made her choice and was already in midair. I made my last attempt and leapt at her but it was no use. I heard a splash and when I looked down she was nowhere to be seen. I felt a tear slide down my face. Normally I wouldn't cry, wouldn't take drastic measures for someone I didn't know, but I did know her. Because that girl, was me.

2 comments:

  1. This is a really impresive Vignette.
    I dont know if you know what a Vignette is, but this is an excellent example of one.
    It really is self contained and requires no further content, in fact the piece cound be improved with some editing.

    ReplyDelete